Karl Schayer (1900-1971) was a Polish architect who graduated from the Polytechnic School of Lvov in 1920. In association with Fritz Gotthelf (1905-1980) a German interior designer and his Lebanese partners the architect Wassek Adib (1926-) and the engineer Bahij Makdissi (1916-1995) he set a team which became one of the major architectural firms. Among their many realizations are the AUB Alumni Club built in 1952, Dar al Sayad in 1954, and the Shell building . All these constructions express the arrival of an architecture influenced by new technological developments.
Mardiros Altounian (1889-1958) graduated from the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris in 1918. Besides his well known building for the Parliament (1931) and the Abed clock tower (1934) he designed in 1937 the Azounieh sanatorium in the Chouf region.
Ilyas Murr (1884-1976) the first Lebanese engineer to graduate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1905. Among his projects figures the Roxy movie theater in 1932, in the center of Beirut, in an Art Deco style.
Andre Leconte (1894-1990) French architect and holder of the "Prix de Rome" was commissioned by the Lebanese government to design the Beirut International Airport at Khalde [1948-1954]. Leconte designed two other major buildings in Beirut: the Lazarieh office building in the city center in 1953 and Rizk hospital built  in Achrafieh.
George Rayes (1915-2002) Lebanese architect born in Alexandria, Egypt; studied at the Bartlett School and the Architecture Association. He designed with his partner Theo Kanaan (1910-1959) several projects that are considered as reference points in this golden period in which Lebanon enjoyed economic, social and cultural development. Together they realized an architecture that distinguishes itself by rationality and is characterized by a high degree of perfection in details. With Kanaan and Assem Salam, Rayes designed in 1955 the important landmark, the Pan American building in the center of the city.